The Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee (JOHSC, for short) consists of eight members: five worker representatives and three employer representatives. The joint committee meets monthly, consulting in a cooperative spirit to identify health and safety concerns that affect UFV's workplace.
What you can expect from the JOHSC
- To be on the lookout for any unhealthy or unsafe conditions that could affect UFV workers, and be ready to respond
- To consider any concerns or complaints related to worker health and safety
- Make recommendations to improve occupational health and safety, the work environment, and the effectiveness of occupational health and safety programs and policies;
- Make recommendations for educational programs that will promote health and safety on campus and encourage compliance with health and safety regulations
- Ensure that incident investigations and inspections are carried out, participating when needed.
- To participate in investigations into Refusals of Unsafe Work
Get in touch with the JOHSC
The JOHSC meets monthly, usually on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
If you have a health & safety concern, we encourage you to connect with a co-chair of the JOHSC. Your concern will be kept confidential within the JOHSC, and your name won't be mentioned in the meeting.
JOHSC members and contact info, terms of reference, and meeting minutes are available to you on the public network, under 'EHS program'.
How to access JOHSC documents:
- Make sure your computer is connected to the UFV network.
- Open File Explorer and open This PC.
- Open the employee drive.
- Open the folder marked public.
- Open the folder marked EHS programs.
- You should now see the the Joint Occupational Health Safety Committee folder.