Making UFV more sustainable for work and study
(proposed terms of reference)
SustainableUFV is a collection of students, staff, and faculty who are aware of the impacts an organization of this size can have on environmental degradation, and alternatively, as a culture-carrier of environmental stewardship.
The Centre for Sustainability is an umbrella group focused on bringing together all things sustainable on campus. UFV aims to conduct all activities in a manner that demonstrates management accountability and promotes responsible stewardship of social and environmental issues in a fiscally responsible manner.
- UFV promotes a consistent responsibility and due diligence concerning issues of a social, economic and environmental nature.
- Mandates a respectful, clean, healthy, and sustainable environment for all employees and students.
- Requires that prompt actions are taken to identify and remediate environmental risks.
- Help to define sustainability visions, values, and outcomes at UFV.
- Provide recommendations on sustainability to various departments based on best practices and priorities.
- Provide information on future trends and options as well as seminars and forums for discussion on sustainability across the institute.
- Collaboration with the Facilities Department, Dana Food Services, Campus Planning, and all other related departments on campus to promote sustainable initiatives.
- Help consolidate all Department and School plans into an annually published Report on Sustainability to create awareness of what UFV is doing to advance sustainable actions.
- Promote involvement and commitment to sustainability as a key value of UFV.