The UFV Heavy Mechanical Trades Foundation certificate program teaches you how to service and repair commercial equipment such as trucks, crawler units, and farm tractors. Basic skills learned include:
- Using specialty equipment
- Starting and moving selected vehicles
- Servicing hydraulic systems, truck components, track type equipment
- Servicing working attachments, gas and diesel engine support systems
- Servicing air-brake systems
- Basic oxy-acetylene and arc welding
Graduates will be well prepared to enter the trade as apprentices. Potential employers include:
- Agriculture industry
- Oil fields
- Bus and transportation shops
- Logging companies
- Trucking and heavy equipment/truck shops
if you’re currently or recently employed as a commercial transport technician, our upgrading program allows you to complete your certificate requirements or to become proficient in a specific process or technique.
As an upgrading student, you are expected to meet program prerequisites through previous enrolment or proof of industry experience, approved by the program instructor.
Upgrading students cannot be enrolled for more than 13 weeks or cannot displace anyone registered in an upcoming intake.
Toll free: 1-888-504-7441, local 5448
Or ask online