The UFV community has participated in two rounds of online conversation to help shape UFV’s next Strategic Research Plan: Research that Transforms (2022–2027).
While we prepare for phase 3, you are welcome to read more about the consultation process below.
Howspace is an AI-powered platform designed to facilitate meaningful online collaboration. We chose this platform for phases 1-2 of our consultations/discussions – open to all UFV faculty, staff, students, and alumni – to make the experience as flexible, accessible, and engaging as possible.
Participants were able to:
- Respond to some or all of our questions around their schedules
- Write or speak (i.e. record) their responses
- View all responses and engage with people's ideas through liking/commenting
- Remain anonymous
- Return to the site using their personal access URL to edit, delete or add to their ideas
- Experiment with built-in AI tools to visualize trends/themes in the discussion
Phase 1: visioning
- Duration: May 10–21, 2021.
- Participants chose between two pathways of questioning. One set of questions was tailored for faculty and staff, while the other was tailored for students and alumni.
- 169 people participated, including 115 who wrote at least one comment.
- The themes that emerged in phase 1 were used to develop questions for phase 2.
Phase 2: transformation
- Duration: May 28–June 6, 2021.
- Participants were brought together to discuss one set of questions.
- 213 people visited the HowSpace site over 2,000 times (as of June 9, 2021).
- Responses are currently being analyzed and used to develop the first draft of a Strategic Research Plan, which will be shared for UFV community feedback in phase 3.
Phase 3: TBA
- Details coming soon.