Members of the UFV community have participated in two phases of online conversation to shape UFV’s next Strategic Research Plan: Research that Transforms (2022–2027).
While we analyze the responses, they remain public and accessible (in read-only mode) on the online discussion platform Howspace. UFV faculty, staff, students, and alumni are welcome to participate at this stage by reading through people's visions and ideas.
- Go to https://bit.ly/participate-ufv-srp to submit an email address
- Within 1-2 business days you'll receive an email with a personal access link to Howspace
- Click the link (green button) at the bottom of the email
- Save the email and link for future use
Howspace allows for flexible, anonymous, transparent online discussions:
- Respond to some or all of the questions in each phase as you have time
- Write or speak (i.e., record a video and share) your responses
- Read and engage with others' visions and ideas
- What you write remains anonymous
- Return to the site any time using your personal access link to edit, delete, or add to your comments
Phase 2: transformation
- This phase lasted from May 28–June 6, 2021.
- 213 people have visited the HowSpace workspace over 2,000 times (as of June 9).
- Phase 2 responses remain visible (in read-only mode) to all participants in HowSpace.
- Responses are being gathered, analyzed, and used to develop a first draft of a Strategic Research Plan.
Phase 1: visioning
- This first round of visioning conversations ended May 21, 2021.
- 169 people participated in phase 1 – including 115 who wrote at least one comment, and 54 who watched the dialogue unfold.
- Phase 1 responses remain visible (in read-only mode) to all participants in HowSpace.
- Themes that emerged were used to develop questions for phase 2.