Featured faculty - Nick Penner
My ultimate goal as an instructor is to provide my students with skills that can get them employed or help them start their own business in the future.
We all have different learning styles and I constantly remind myself of this. What works for one student, may not be as effective for another. The solution is to involve the students in their own learning and make classroom time as fun as possible.
I use humor and a warm classroom environment to provide the students with a safe place to learn, without feeling that they are ridiculed or under pressure.
- Red Seal in Auto Collision Repair
- BC Provincial Instructor Diploma – VCC
- ICBC Training Center – Plastic Repair, Paint blending, Suspensions, and Air Conditioning
- Custom car fabrication since 1999
- Restoring/redesigning countless classic cars with modern technology
- Current Research Project: building a successful, drivable electric commuting vehicle (S-10 Truck)
- Experienced with a multitude of custom painting techniques and materials
- Auto Collision/Refinish Provincial Articulation Group
- CCIF | Canadian Collision Industry Forum
- Goodguys Young Gun award for best hot rod built by someone under 30 – California 2008
- Show winner at various BC car shows for hot rods built
- Yearly trip to San Quintin, Mexico, to build houses for the less fortunate
- Wake boarding / water sports
- building/designing hot rods