Building awareness, experiences, and relationships
Community Engagement builds UFV’s reputation and relationships with stakeholders and communities, in support of university goals.
Core responsibilities include brand strategy, marketing, advertising and sponsorship, communications and public relations, alumni relations, advancement (fundraising and ‘friend’raising), website management, institutional events, and government relations.
The department is also the primary liaison and support to the UFV Alumni Association.
We build awareness, great experiences and lasting relationships that foster understanding, engagement, advocacy and funding to support UFV's success.
- Enhance and protect the university’s reputation.
- Attract prospective students and support student retention in accordance with UFV’s strategic enrolment goals.
- Foster donor relationships and partnerships to increase giving to UFV aligned with UFV goals and priorities.
- Partner with the UFV Alumni Association to engage every alumni through their time, talent or treasure.
- Support our people, culture and work environment.
- Streamline operations; promote and use best practices.