What do I need to know?
As of April 2023, we have gone over our Blackboard storage limits. The decision has been made by ITS and TLC to archive the remaining courses associated with 2020 term dates as soon as possible.
What does this mean for me?
All courses from 2020 terms will be moved into archive from your Blackboard Faculty course lists on May 1, 2023. Archiving means all courses will be backed up and saved on UFV servers.
What do I need to do?
If you want to keep or restore a copy of a course from any of these terms, there are two options:
- Save a copy of the course on your computer or UFV OneDrive. Faculty tutorials are available to help with exporting, archiving, and importing a course. For further assistance with this step, please contact askTLC@ufv.ca.
- Submit a Course Restore/Recovery Request to restore a course from UFV archive at any time.
Still need more info?
If you have any questions, please contact the IT Service Desk by emailing email@example.com or calling local 4610 or 604-864-4610.
Zoom recording will need to be removed from Zoom Cloud storage at the end of each term to maintain UFV’s storage allotment. Removal will proceed after 31days after end of Term date.
If you want to keep your Zoom recordings, there are two options:
- Save the recording on your computer or UFV OneDrive. For further assistance with this step, please contact askTLC@ufv.ca.
- If you need to use the recording in a course, please upload it to Kaltura, myMedia.
Spring\Summer 2023 information for faculty
- Summer Courses are set to open to students on May 8 2023. If you need your course opened earlier, please complete the Course Extension Form.
- If you do not see your courses in myClass, make sure your filter is displaying ALL Courses. Visit the Find Your Courses guide for help.
- If you cannot see the course after the search, check the UFV Timetable and then contact Scheduling.
- Reminder that all Summer course shells have the Zoom menu as part of the default course structure for Web conferencing (Zoom Classroom). If you need some support, please contact, contact Teaching and Learning
- Library Ezproxy is no longer available, please contact Diane Cruickshank if you find your video links broken.
Fall 2023 information for faculty
- Fall Courses are set to open for students on Sept. 6 2023. If you need your course opened earlier, please complete the Course Extension Form.
- If you cannot see the course after the searching, check UFV Timetable and then contact Scheduling.
- Blackboard Disk usage has reached its licensed allotment. We have a number of Courses that are over 10 gb in size. We will be reaching out to those who have large course sizes. A reminder to those teaching this term to use Kaltura for uploading videos. This includes student video assignments. The following link will take you to UFV Mediaspace, Teaching and Learning videos using Kaltura.
- Add for your students a course weblink on "how to" submit a video assignment
Kaltura ( Video Management System)
- With migration to Clouds completed. You may still come across Videos that view “ACCESS DENIED" for course embedded videos, Faculty are encouraged to re-embed the videos in the course if needed. For Assistance, please use the Report a Kaltura Issue form.
2019 Course Archiving
All Blackboard courses associated with 2019 term date will be deleted from your course list and archived (backed up) on December 21, 2022. If you want to keep a copy of your 2019 course, it will need to be copied over to a new course shell. Please use the following form, Development Shell Request.
To Export or Archive your course into a local computer or OneDrive, Export\Archive.