Apply to join the Accessibility Committee
The Accessible British Columbia Act Steering Committee ("the ABCASC") is seeking expressions of interest for the following members to join our new Accessibility Committee ("the AC") that has been created in support of the Accessible BC Act:
- At least two (2) employees who personally experience accessibility challenges and/or barriers
- At least two (2) students presently enrolled at UFV in a credit course who personally experience accessibility challenges and/or barriers
- Additional employees or students presently enrolled at UFV in a credit course who support those who experience accessibility challenges and/or barriers
Expressions of Interest is closed.
How will committee members be chosen?
The Accessible BC Act requires that at least half of the committee members should:
- identify as living with a disability, or
- represent an organization that represents people with disabilities.
We also aim to reflect the diversity of persons with disabilities and the diversity of persons in BC, including Indigenous people, in our membership.
Our Accessibility Committee will be at its strongest when we prioritize the voices of those who personally experience accessibility barriers and those who support people living with these barriers. The strength of our work will also depend on our membership reflecting the diversity of those who work, engage, and learn at UFV.
Joining the committee involves:
- a 2-year commitment from UFV employees and a one-year commitment from students (student members will be compensated in recognition of sharing their experiences and knowledge)
- In-person or virtual meetings at least once per month
- Accommodation for all members to ensure you are able to participate fully
Express your interest in joining the AC
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for UFV’s Accessibility Committee. We appreciate your desire to influence change as well as your interest in taking on an active and meaningful role in improving accessibility and dismantling ableism at UFV. We sincerely acknowledge your commitment, time, and effort in completing this expression of interest.
Your form and any personal information you provide on the form will be confidential and only reviewed by UFV's Accessible British Columbia Act Steering Committee for the purpose of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within our organization.