Personal counselling for UFV students
UFV counsellors offer support for students with personal issues, and can help you meet the challenges of achieving your academic and personal potential.
Difficult circumstances occur in everyone's life. Sharing your concerns with a supportive and experienced counsellor can be a big relief. Students often seek counselling related to:
- Abuse: sexual, physical, emotional, verbal
- Anxiety and stress
- Eating disorders
- Grief and loss
- Loneliness, isolation, and homesickness
- Lack of motivation, perfectionism, and procrastination
- Relationships: families, friends, partners and roommates
UFV counsellors will work with you to explore, understand and resolve personal issues. We are committed to helping you find the support you need.
Book an appointment
To book a Counselling appointment or to get more information, contact us through Student Services.
Locations and hours of operation
- In Abbotsford, call 604 854-4528 between 9 am. and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
- In Chilliwack (Canadian Education Park), call 604 795-2808 between 9 am and 4:15 pm, Monday to Thursday and until 4:00 pm on Fridays.
Emergency and after-hours contacts
If you are experiencing a crisis after 4:30 pm or on weekends, contact the regional crisis line at 604 951-8855 or toll-free at 1-877-820-7444.
If there is an immediate safety risk, call 911.