About Institutional Research and Planning
The office of Institutional Research and Planning at UFV serves as the official reporting and information gathering arm of the university.
Our mission is to ensure the integrity of data reported to external agencies and to provide university administration, faculty and staff with accurate decision-support information.
Serving many roles and functions, the office carries out statistical analyses and research initiatives requested by internal bodies and external agencies, conducts analytical studies and provides projections in issues encompassing all university operations. To ensure that resources and activities are aligned with UFV’s strategic directions, the office coordinates planning throughout the university.
Purpose and Principles
The department of Institutional Research and Planning supports the mission of the university, a key component of which is teaching and learning.
- We are leaders in data quality, integrity and analysis
- Our service meets the needs of the end-user. Our work enhances decision making and supports planning
- We are welcoming and collegial and work together as a team. We promote a respectful, positive and healthy work environment
- We are proactive and communicate with the university, its stakeholders and the post-secondary education community
- We are open and transparent