Information Technology Services provides computing and communication services, systems, support and guidance to UFV students, faculty and staff. Within the Office of the Chief Information Officer, IT Services spans three divisions:
IT Applications provides support in the implementation, enhancement and maintenance of the university’s core applications including systems for finance, HR, student information and web-based technologies.
IT Infrastructure is responsible for the hardware and software that UFV systems rely on behind the scenes, including servers for enterprise applications and networks that support phone, data, internet and wireless access. They manage performance, security and availability, with a view to future growth.
The IT Service Desk is the first point of contact for students, staff and faculty requiring IT support. Our support team is available via phone, email and through our online ticket system at itservicedesk.ufv.ca. The IT Support Team also offers guidance, service and assistance with the following:
- Wifi set up and support including UFV mobile app assistance
- MyUFV and network problem assistance including desk-side assistance over the phone
- Printer installation and troubleshooting network printers issues
- Student-owned device service and support
- Audio visual support, troubleshooting and technician dispatch
- Hardware procurement for administrative and classroom use and teaching purposes.
- Software procurement including planning, acquiring, deployment and renewal for administrative and classroom use
- Assistance with all university-supported applications
- Computer lab support
All employees of Information Technology Services are here to support the students, staff and faculty of UFV. You can reach any member of our team by contacting the IT Service Desk.