The Inclusive Community Fund has been created to provide one-time funding to UFV students, student clubs and associations, faculty, and staff who wish to organize initiatives (e.g. programs, events) that promote equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) at UFV.
- All UFV students, student clubs and associations, faculty, and staff may apply
- Applications must be submitted using the online submission form at least one month in advance of the start of the proposed initiative
- Funds cannot be used to enhance employee wages
- Applicants may request up to $1,000
- Supplies and promotional materials for campus awareness campaigns that promote an inter-culturally informed and inclusive campus community.
- Hosting or co-hosting awareness programs, conferences, events, etc.
- Speaker fees and associated expenses
- Honoraria for students and/or external parties
- Venue and equipment rentals for initiatives
- Food and/or non-alcoholic beverages for initiatives
- Volunteer recognition tokens of appreciation
- Service costs that make the initiative accessible
- Expenses arising from research projects may be eligible
- Other operating expenses not excluded below
- Expenses arising from initiatives that have the effect of marginalizing, discriminating against, harassing, and/or excluding any identifiable group of persons
- Expenses arising from initiatives in support of political parties
- Equipment purchases
- Expenses such as charitable donations and wages
- Expenses in support of an applicant(s) attending a meeting or conference
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- The initiative is well-defined.
- The event is open to all members of UFV and the broader community (where applicable).
- The proposal clearly outlines the intended outcomes.
- The proposal clearly articulates the value of the project to promoting a more inter-culturally informed and inclusive campus community.
- The methods that will be used to measure success make sense given the nature and goals of the initiative.
- The timeline appears realistic and achievable given the scope of the initiative.
- The proposal has considered potential barriers for those with accommodation needs and they have been minimized where possible.
- The budget provides sufficient detail on how funds will be used and is realistic given the scope of the initiative.
- Applications are submitted using the online submission form (link)
- Approval and amount of funding is contingent on the availability of funds and the total amount of requests received and the alignment of the initiative with the selection criteria set out above.
- Applications will be reviewed by a Working Group consisting of the President's Office and two members of the EDI Task Force. The applicant(s) will be notified within two weeks of application submission regarding funding approval.
- Successful applicants must submit a report to the President’s Office within 30 days after the completion of the initiative. A report template will be provided to the applicant(s) upon funding approval.
Please contact Christina Forcier with any questions regarding the Inclusive Community Fund.