Current renovation projects
View spreadsheet of ongoing renovations
Summary of projects
- One of UFV’s largest Boardroom style meeting rooms will be renovated this summer – room A225. The current boardroom is suffering from a number of shortcomings such as poor configuration, insufficient A/V equipment, drafty window/doors.
- The new meeting room will be a welcoming and professional space that will allow for diverse uses such as meetings, guest speakers, workshops, and seminars.
- The meeting room will incorporate the latest in video conferencing equipment and projection equipment, mounted camera’s, and table top plug-ins.
- Adjacent spaces included in this project are the UUP meeting room, as well as a bookable meeting room accessible from the corridor and the new boardroom.
B1 and B3 Accessibility upgrades - washrooms (COMPLETED)
- This project will improve access to four of our washrooms in B Building. Wall, floor, plumbing and lighting will be updated, and a third accessible washroom will be created on level 3.
B158 Emergency operation centre
- B158 will become UFV’s designated EOC (Emergency Operation Centre).
- In the event of an emergency the EOC will provide a dedicated space for our response team to assess and coordinate communication and response activities.
B165 Social Work (COMPLETED)
- Four equally sized office spaces will be created within the existing faculty of Social Work suite to meet programming requirements and expansion.
B303 Office of the President (COMPLETED)
- The existing floor plan will be revised to achieve greater space utilization, as well as create an inviting front reception.
- Existing finishes will also be updated.
- The current shipping and receiving function on the Abbotsford Campus will be relocating to CEP building A.
- This relocation will allow for space for the creation of three new classrooms and an updated quick-print shop in D122a.
E120 Renovations (COMPLETED)
- The northwest section of E Building, currently vacant, will be converted into an office suite for the athletics department.
G131 ITS Helpdesk (Information Technology Services)
- Relocating the helpdesk and related IT services from B Building to the main corridor of G Building will provide convenient student access to this often-needed service.
- The new ITS help center and work shop will be more spacious and better equipped to serve a range of services.
- Assessment Services, the current tenant of G131, will find a quieter home in S Building, level 3.
S3125 Assessment Services (COMPLETED)
- The main testing space for online exams will now be relocated from G131 to S Building, level 3.