Effective learning and working spaces are essential to UFV’s pursuit of educational excellence. Because of UFV’s desire to create positive learning environments, the Project Office has the coveted role to work closely with many departments to make concepts become reality.
- space planning
- project management
- coordination of moves for all renovations and new Capital projects
- working closely with the Facilities team, ITS, ETS, Purchasing, Logistics, Finance, and Campus Planning to succeed in bringing projects (small and large) to a successful completion.
Renovation and space requests
- May be initiated by a Department Head or Director, and must be approved by the respective Dean or Vice-President, prior to being submitted to Campus Planning for review and prioritization.
- Funding sources are sought after for eligible projects.
- Approved projects go to the Project Office where plans are discussed, refined, and approved by the end user prior to being tendered, and construction managed.
Larger capital projects
- Concepts are developed at the administrative level in alignment with UFV's strategic plan and goals.
- The Project Office supports all phases of planning, and takes an active role in representing UFV’s interests during scope development and project execution.