- Experiential - e.g., internships, practicum, field placements, inquiry based, etc.
- Multi-discpinary - e.g., trans-disciplinary, inter-disciplinary, team taught, promoting learning communities, etc.
- Place-based - e.g., settings of local heritage, culture, landscape, economic or social activity, etc.
- Technological enhancement - e.g., classroom-based technology, new learning technologies, mobile learning, virtual classrooms, etc.
- Programmatic - e.g., streamlined program paths, interchangeable prerequisites, first year seminars and experiences, capstones courses and projects, undergraduate research, etc.
- Diversity and global learning - e.g., international, inter-university, Indigenous, universal design, access to learning, etc.