Getting ready for a new semester can be overwhelming, so we’ve created a semester's preparation checklist to make sure you don't miss important steps before your first day of classes.
If you reload or navigate away from this page your will lose the changes you made to the checklist. Be sure to print or save this page as a PDF by clicking on 'Print this checklist' before exiting or refreshing the page.
- Log in to your UFV student email account frequently
We suggest checking your UFV student inbox on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to make sure you don't miss important communications.
- Find your personal registration time
You'll find that information in your myUFV account in the 'Student information' section.
- Pay your $200 registration deposit early
To avoid any delays in registration, make sure to pay your deposit no later than three (3) business days prior to your registration date
- Review the timetable for your semester and build your schedule
Not sure how to read a timetable? Watch a video tutorial.
- Register on your assigned date and time for the best course selection
Watch the 'How to register, waitlist, and withdraw from classes' video tutorial
- Check myUFV in August for the final decision on your application
Log in to myUFV and navigate to the 'Student information' section
- Attend the first day of ALL classes (registered and waitlisted)
If you do not attend, you forfeit your seat.
- Pay your tuition in full within two weeks
Check the payment deadlines to make sure your full tuition is received on time
- Check the semester dates and deadlines page for more information
Bookmark the page to quickly access all the important dates for your academic term
Add your own items to the checklistAdd