A creative career in design
Graphic Designers today are critical thinkers, collaborators, and agents of change. They create value for businesses, bring empathy to social issues, and make the complex clear through smart visual communication. Our graphic and digital design (GDD) programs are purpose-driven and focused on being flexible and responsive in an increasingly complex world. Build your design portfolio to reflect your values, leadership skills, and creative savvy gained through experiential learning. As a GDD design student, you will be immersed in real-world projects, engage with industry connections, and work within our communities. Passionate faculty prepare you for the endless possibilities offered in the creative industry and beyond.
- Communication Design // Turn ideas into action. Create smart concepts, develop strategies and utilize critical thinking skills for powerful visual communication.
- Brand Identity // Go beyond the logo. Design brand identities and visual language that create value, and connect people to places, products, services, and cultures.
- Interactive Design // Design digital experiences – web and app design, coding, and UX.
- Dynamic Media // Create motion graphics, kinetic visual communication, and moving brand narratives. Activate type, sound, image, and storytelling for screens and mobile devices.
- Core Skills // From research and art direction to execution. Create impactful photography and illustration, and apply beautiful typography. Get proficient in digital production with Adobe’s big 3 – Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
"I love being a graphic designer because I get to problem solve, have fun, make an impact, and work with visionaries. The graphic design program at UFV created a place for possibility to begin.” — Alexandrah Pahl, UFV Grad 2018