Resident Elder support for an activity
Are you a UFV student, faculty member or staff member looking for support? Our Elders can provide support for the following activities:
- In-class support for students
- Indigenous knowledge and cultural activities, and
- Attendance at requested meetings
During this trying time with the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to ensure you know that we are still here to help. Our elders are available to provide over-the-phone support according to the following schedule.
|Nancy Pennier||Tue & Thu||10-12 pm||236-886-7922|
|Darlene Willier||Mon & Wed||11:30-1:30 pm||236-886-8050|
|Sophamia and/or Terry Prest||Mon & Wed||11-1 pm||236-788-7961|
If you would like to invite one of our Resident Elders to your online classroom or would like to specifically book a time with one of our Resident Elders please fill out the online request form.
- Some services may require an honorarium payment.
- Request for Elder’s will be considered in its entirety and completing the form does not guarantee that an Elder will be available for your event.
- Requests must be made 15 working days prior to the date requested (some exceptions considered).
Student request for individual Elder support
Students may also request a one-on-one meeting with an Elder for the following services:
- Working on project or course work