Virtual supports offered by the ISC
During this trying time with the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to ensure you know that we are still here to help!
Virtual Drop-In Lounge
The ISC is pleased to announce that we have an ISC Virtual Lounge. Connect with ISC staff, learn about UFV services (including our Resident Elders services - open to staff, faculty and students), and ask any questions that you may have.
The ISC Virtual Lounge is available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 1-3pm - ISC Virtual Lounge Click here
If you would like further information, please send us an email.
ISC Virtual Book Club
Please join us virtually for bi-weekly discussions as we read through One Good Story, That One by Thomas King (available free-online through UFV Library)
Join anytime June 17th, July 8th, July 22nd, & August 5th from 1:30-3pm
Contact Josephine Charlie for more information: Email
Virtual Drop-In Academic Support
ASC Peer Tutors can help you with your assignment, no matter where you are in the process!
Tuesdays from 12-1pm with Olivia
Click here for Virtual Tutoring with Olivia
Thursdays from 10-11am with Richard
Click here for Virtual Tutoring with Richard
(Math tutor available by appointment. Email us for information).
Updated information about the above supports can be found on our Facebook page, or email us for details.
It is with great pleasure and pride that we welcome you to the traditional unceded Territory of the Stó:lō Nation and to S’olh Shxwèlí , “Our Place” or the UFV Indigenous Student Centre. Within these traditional lands exist 24 member bands. Our Indigenous students include those who self-identify as First Nations status & non-status, Métis or Inuit. The purpose of our Indigenous Student Centre is to provide easy-access resources and a friendly, home-away-from-home environment to help our students in reaching their maximum potentials. We work to provide cultural and academic support, to help bridge the gap between the University and Indigenous peoples, and to help facilitate the Indigenization of our Academy.
Indigenous Student Centre is located at both the UFV Chilliwack campus at 45190 Caen Avenue in the “400 Wing”, and on the Abbotsford campus in the Student Union Building, room S1113.
Our cultural events are open to all students, and include lunches, circle meetings, Elder visits and gatherings, workshops, welcoming ceremonies, and several other activities on and off campus.
Our services include:
- Advocate for students with other UFV departments
- Make referrals and coordinate requests within UFV and to community agencies and other institutions.
- Provide academic support, tutoring, and liaison with other UFV departments
- Act as a liaison with post-secondary education authorities and First Nation organizations.
- Provide information on courses with Indigenous content
- Provide academic and trades program information
- Assist with applications and admissions processes
- Provide information on scholarships and bursaries
Our centres feature:
- Videos, books and other resource material with an Indigenous focus
- Computer workshops and study skill tips
- Computer lab access with internet and email.
Please come in and see us when you can.