Shipping and receiving
How to request shipping services
Please ensure the item(s) are well packed, and the shipment is well labelled. If supplies or assistance is required, visit Logistics Service in Abbotsford, B110, or Chilliwack, A1101.
Outbound shipments are managed in three categories. The processes differ slightly, please see the options and the process steps below:
A. Campus to Campus (inter-campus)
- Package the shipment well, and clearly label the shipment with the following:
- First and last name of recipient
- Campus and department
- Description and number of pieces i.e. 1 of 1, 1 of 2, etc.
- Prepare the shipment for pick-up according to the established courier schedule for the area.
- For shipments too large for mail pick-up at the Abbotsford and Chilliwack campuses, submit a work request to coordinate pick-up from your department.
B. Time-sensitive/priority deliveries including heavy or "hot" freight
- Contact local 4552 in Abbotsford, or local 2838 in Chilliwack for availability and cost information
- Handled as required
- Rates and services vary depending on time and destination
- Follow the instructions provided by Logistics Services
C. Campus to External (Canadian or U.S./International) destinations
- Complete, print, and attach a shipping requisition formto the shipment and include the following:
- Complete street address with postal code
- Telephone number
- Email address
- If shipping collect (recipient to pay freight), include the recipient's courier company and account number
- For shipments too large for mail pick-up at the Abbotsford and Chilliwack campuses, submit a work request to coordinate pick-up from your department
Cut-off time for shipments
- Same-day (more costly) service in the lower mainland: 9:45 am
- Domestic ground/air service: 2:00 pm
- International standard/premium:11:30 am*
*U.S. and international shipments
- Requires a commercial invoice for anything other than documents
- Requires a description of the item(s), along with the shipping requisition form; the country of origin, value, and purpose, even if there is no commercial value
- Provide advance notice of the request to ship dangerous goods
- Controlled hazardous materials require proper packaging, labelling, and documentation
- Logistics does not have a supply of hazard labels or placards. If possible, please bring the material to be shipped in the original container in which it was received. Logistics will generate the necessary "Transportation of Dangerous Goods" documentation.
How deliveries are processed in Logistics
Receiving is located at the Abbotsford campus B110 and Chilliwack campus A1101. All goods received are recorded and processed by the Shipper/Receiver, and distributed to the various final destinations by the material handlers.
Some materials ordered are delivered directly to the end user's department who are responsible for the following:
Tracking incoming shipments
- For items ordered on a Purchase Order (PO), contact Procurement Services
- For items ordered by the department, contact the supplier, and ask them to trace the shipment
If the item has been received by UFV, but it has not arrived at the final destination (office/department), email email@example.com with the company of origin name, delivery date, the carrier, and the consignment/waybill number.