Due to COVID-19, changes have been made to mail distribution for staff, faculty, and departments who have mail delivered to the Abbotsford Mail and Prep Room (B383).
To ensure safe physical distancing in B383, employee mail is now stored, distributed, and picked-up from a secure location on the Abbotsford campus.
What you need to do
To make arrangements to pick-up mail or for any mail inquiries:
Go to Logistics (B110 – regular hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm – closed for lunch from 12 pm to 1 pm
- Contact Logistics (local 4552 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Mailroom (local 4214 or email@example.com)
- Departments need to provide ITS with updates to their department’s information (new employees, changes to employee status, applicable offices & locals) so the UFV Online Directory is kept current – this is used to sort mail accurately for individuals in each department.
- You can continue to place outgoing inter-department and external mail in the designated drawers in B383. Logistics will pick-up and deliver/mail these items.
- B383 continues to be used as a Prep Room and has a maximum occupancy of three people.
- Employees can use the two Ricoh machines, the scantron, stationary supplies, and prep area.
- Be considerate of others who are waiting to enter the space.
- Before exiting, use the cleaning supplies provided to clean any touch points.
Sorting and processing mail is centralized and performed at the Abbotsford campus.
- Mail is sorted before the campus to campus (inter-campus) courier runs.
- All outgoing Canada Post mail is gathered in the morning for pick up from Logistics Services at 1 pm.
- The sender is responsible for providing the recipient’s first and last name, department, and campus.
How to prepare outgoing mail
- Pre-seal large or bulky envelopes that can’t go through an automated mail machine.
- Separate domestic mail from U.S. or international mail.