Restricted goods and services
The following items are considered restricted goods and services and can be purchased on behalf of the user by Procurement Services. Purchases of these items require a separate procedure regardless of the dollar amount.
- Computer hardware (computers, monitors, laptops, iPads/tablets, and printers)
- Cellular and office phones
- Building construction and renovations
Contact Procurement Services at email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Exempt goods and services
The following purchases are exempt from the purchasing policy:
Reimbursable employee expenses
- Mileage allowance
- Minor travel expenses, meals, parking, hotel and airlines
Departmental expenses and travel
- Departmental convention/conference registrations
- Departmental training functions, including workshops and retreats
- Periodicals, magazines, subscriptions
- Catering services
- Charter buses
- Rental cars
IT maintenance agreements
- Software maintenance
- Licensing renewals
Contact IT Helpdesk for assistance.