Welcome to Financial Services
Financial Services is responsible for managing financial affairs, including management of banking functions, ledgers, financial systems, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, research accounting, endowment accounting, and all internal and external financial reporting.
Tax Update for 2021; T2200(S)
Please see the Tax & T2200S Update for more detailed information on claiming remote work expenses
T4's on MyUFV
Please be advised that your 2021 T4 is now available online through MyUFV along with all of your past T4's up to year 2021
The 2021-22 Year End Memo is available to download and posted below:
FISCAL YEAR END TIMELINES FOR THE YEAR ENDING
MARCH 31, 2022
To ensure the timely and accurate capture off all revenues and expenses for the current fiscal year in UFV’s financial statements, please forward the following information to Financial Services within the deadlines set out below:
1. EXPENSE CLAIMS - All outstanding expense claims for your department for the 2021/22 fiscal year are to be received by Financial Services as soon as possible and no later than 4:00 pm March 18.
2. IN-SERVICE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - In-Service Professional Development applications for the 2021/22 fiscal year must be submitted to Human Resources for approval no later than February 28 to be processed in this fiscal year.
Please submit expense claims for reimbursement of approved PD following the applicable event and/or procurement of items expenses as soon as possible and no later than March 31. Contact email@example.com for any questions.
Please note: Health Spending Account (HSA) expenses must be submitted to Human Resources no later than March 31. It is helpful to submit all HSA expenses as soon as possible.
3. SCOTIABANK VISA STATEMENTS FOR MARCH 5 – Reconciled and approved Scotiabank Visa statements for March 5 are due in Financial Services by March 21. All transactions that occur between March 6 and 31 will be posted to the budget and account codes that are recorded in Centresuite as of April 3*. Cardholders are responsible for logging in and updating the budget, account code and description on the transactions posted between March 6 and 31 prior to April 3.
*Please note: The ability to log in to CentreSuite is available throughout the month to allow for review of transactions and account coding and make appropriate adjustments – there is no need to wait until the end of the month. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
4. INVOICES - All invoices for supplies, services, or other expenses applicable to the fiscal year 2021/22 are to be received by Financial Services as soon as possible and no later than 4:00 pm March 18. For any invoices not received by March 18, please contact Michelle Principe at email@example.com.
5. REGULAR GOODS AND SERVICES REQUISITIONS – All purchase requisitions are handled by the Procurement Office. The year-end cut-off dates for these can be viewed at: https://www.ufv.ca/supply-chain/procurement/ or by contacting the Procurement department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: the UFV receiving date of the goods dictates the year in which the transaction is recorded. Goods received or services provided after March 31 will be charged to the following fiscal year 2022/23.
6. TIMESHEETS - All timesheets for the payroll pay period March 24 to March 31 must be submitted to the Payroll Office no later than 3:00 pm March 29.
The work dates dictate the fiscal year into which pay is recorded. Salary and benefit costs, including benefits, incurred to March 31 but not yet paid will be calculated and accrued if the approved timesheets are received in Payroll before the cut-off dates.
7. INVOICES TO EXTERNAL CLIENTS - All information with respect to amounts to be invoiced to external clients must be received by Accounts Receivable by March 11. This same deadline applies to all amounts to be invoiced to the Province of British Columbia. For any questions, please contact Regina Yorga at email@example.com.
8. PETTY CASH - All petty cash funds within the University are to be balanced on March 11 and expenditures from the fund are to be submitted for replenishment no later than March 11. Petty Cash Confirmation forms must be returned with the requests for replenishment.
9. CASH FLOATS - All cash float funds within the University are to be balanced on March 11 and the reconciliation documentation forwarded to Financial Services no later than March 11.
10. DEPOSITS - All departmental deposits must be received in Financial Services by 4:00pm March 22.
11. CHARGEBACKS - All requests for chargebacks for transactions which occurred during March must be received by Financial Services by 12:00pm on or before April 1. Any adjustments received after these dates will not be processed.
12. ACCOUNT ADJUSTMENTS - All requests for account adjustments must be received by Financial Services no later than 4:00pm on March 18. Any adjustments received after this date may not be processed.
13. MAJOR EVENTS - If you become aware of any major events occurring between March 31 and May 31, please contact the Director, Financial Services; Nicole Adams (Nicole.Adams@ufv.ca) as soon as you become aware of the event (e.g. possible legal actions, change in major assets, etc.).
Please contact your Financial Analyst Liaison (FAL) if you have any questions (Finance.Liaisons@ufv.ca)
Thank you for working with us to meet these critical year end deadlines.
Director, Financial Services
Digital Signature Guidelines
Financial Services is accepting Digital ID Signatures in accordance with the Digital Signature Guidelines and acceptable forms.
The reimbursement rate when claiming mileage is $0.54/km. For more information on how to claim mileage visit Travel and Expense Claims.