Scholarships recognize and support exceptional academic achievement. Applicants must have achieved a minimum 3.5 GPA unless otherwise stated in the scholarship criteria. NEW documentation required
Leadership Awards recognize outstanding and unpaid service to the University community and/or the community at large, leadership and volunteer work. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required. NEW documentation required
For UFV programs that use a non-GPA grading system (e.g. Bachelor of Education and Trades), a credit grade for previous courses will be considered.
- Available to students who are currently enrolled and attending classes at UFV for the current academic year September to April.
- Scholarships/Leadership Awards are available to International students unless the criteria states for Canadian citizens only.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits at UFV in the term of the application. Students with a disability are eligible to apply for scholarships if the student is enrolled in minimum of 6 or more credits. Students must provide a “Verification of Disability” form from UFV Centre of Accessibility Centre (CAS) confirming that the student is registered with the Centre (CAS).
For a complete listing of all UFV awards, check out our Scholarship, Bursary & Award guide
Check out Scholarship Application Tips and Scholarship Reference Letter Guidelines for some great tips for your application!
When to apply?
Applications are accepted once per academic year from:
MARCH 15th - MAY 10th
How to apply?
- Log in to your MyUFV account
- Select Student Centre under the Self-Service links
- Log in with your UFV email address- verification may be required
- Go to Financial Aid & Awards and select Scholarships, Bursaries & Awards
- Select Web Application
Please note: Some awards are by department nomination. No application is required.
Applications are not complete until supporting documentation (reference letters are required) is either e-mailed as a pdf file to email@example.com or handed into the UFV Financial Aid and Awards office, on or before the application deadline. Please make sure you submit the following:
- Two current letters of reference (within the last three years) from someone who has first-hand knowledge of your qualities and achievements.
- Any other supporting documentation as per scholarship criteria.
- Two current letters of reference (within the last three years) from someone who has first-hand knowledge of your volunteer service and leadership skills.
- Any other supporting documentation as per leadership criteria.
Award Selection Process:
Recipients are selected by the UFV Awards Adjudication Committee. Decisions are based on, but not limited to, award criteria, two-term grade point average (GPA), course load, and letter(s) of recommendation.
Award winners will be notified in July. Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be contacting successful candidates.
Which scholarships are available to me?
Browse through the Scholarship, Bursary & Award guide to determine the awards for which you may qualify.
Please note, UFV Entrance Scholarship awards have a different application process, deadline, and criteria than UFV scholarship and leadership awards. Please contact us should you have any questions and/or concerns.
For more information
For more information on scholarship and leadership awards, please contact us in Financial Aid and Awards:
Abbotsford campusTelephone: (604) 864-4601 | 604-504-7441 x4478
Toll Free (Canada): 1-888-504-7441 x4478