Sessional Instructor, Mandarin
Abbotsford campus, D3103email Yujia (Eulice)
Dr. Yujia Jiang received her BA in TESOL and MA in Applied Linguistics with a focus on Translation in China. Before moving to Canada, she worked as a lecturer teaching English to Chinese students and Mandarin Chinese to international students in Chinese universities. In 2014 she received her PhD at the Faculty of Education, at Simon Fraser University. She has been teaching mostly Mandarin Chinese courses to undergraduates in Canada since 2007. She is also a part-time performing artist.
- Teacher identity
- Cross-cultural experiences
- TESOL in China and overseas
- Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (TCFL) in China and overseas
- Teaching Chinese as a heritage language overseas
- Chinese-English/English-Chinese translation
- Integration of performing arts (e.g. music, dance, singing, role plays, etc.) with language teaching and learning
Jiang, Y. (2023). Teacher identity and culture teaching in Chinese language classrooms: A case study in a Canadian University. International Journal of Chinese Language Teaching: Special Issue on Chinese Language Teaching in Canada, 4(1), 53-67. https://doi.org/10.46451/ijclt.20230105
Jiang, Y. (2022). Teacher roles and authority with students in Canadian Universities: Perspectives of immigrant Chinese teachers of Mandarin in a case study. In X. Qi & X. Wu (Eds.), Research in International Chinese Language Education (pp.102-121). Northeast Normal University Press.