- Designated stalls for drivers with disabilities are reserved for SPARC permit holders and UFV short-term disability permit holders only.
- SPARC permits or UFV short-term disability passes must be displayed.
- Vehicles found parked in these stalls without the correct permits are subject to ticketing and towing.
- SPARC holders are not required to pay for parking when proper SPARC pass is displayed.
- Short-term disability passes (1 month) can be purchased at the regular parking rate from the parking desk
Carpool passes are available for purchase at the Abbotsford and Chilliwack bookstore locations. Fill out the Carpool Form and bring it to the bookstore to purchase a carpool parking pass.
- Student and employee carpool passes are $180 per semester.
- A minimum of three registrants is required.
- One permit is issued per carpool group.
- Permit is transferable between the registered vehicles.
- A $10.00 replacement fee will be charged for all lost/stolen permits.
- Abbotsford campus - Lot 6b
- Chilliwack campus - Lot 6 and 9
Bike lockers are available to rent on the Abbotsford and Chilliwack campuses. Fill out a Bike locker rental form and bring it to the Abbotsford or the Chilliwack bookstore.
- Cost is $5 per month, with a $20 deposit (returned once bike locker key is returned on time)
- View the Abbotsford campus bike locker map
- View the Chilliwack campus bike locker map
Motorcycle parking is free when you park in the following designated spots:
- Lot 1 - 1 x parking area
- Lot 2 - 2 x parking areas
- Lot 4 - 2 x parking areas
- Lot 7 - 1 x parking area
- Lot 10 - 2 x parking areas
- Lot 5 - 1 x parking area
Available in the evenings after 4:30 pm in lot 6 and 7 on Abbotsford campus.
Check out UFV Security's Safewalk program if you are interested in having an escort to or from your vehicle.
Electric vehicle parking
- Vehicles must be plugged in and actively charging at all times when parked in an EV spot. Vehicles must be moved to a 110V charging spot or non-EV charging spot when charging is complete or the posted time limit has passed.
- The EV charging station cannot be used for loading and unloading, temporary parking or as a pick-up or drop-off area.
- Only EV vehicles can utilize the EV Stalls
- Time limit is strictly enforced, vehicles found in violation will be issued violation notice.
The following types of electric vehicles are approved by UFV to park in designated EV parking stalls:
- Electric vehicles (EV) with battery only (require an external power source for recharging). No fossil fuel is used with these vehicles.
- Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) with battery and fossil fuel engine (require an external power source for recharging).
Other forms of hybrid vehicles which rely on fossil fuel engines to recharge the battery are not approved for permit parking in designated UFV EV parking stalls.
Pay parking for electric vehicles
Electric vehicles may park in electric vehicle stalls with a valid student e-permit, an employee permit, or pay-by-space at any ticket meter. Remember the stall number associated with the electric vehicle parking space.
Abbotsford electric vehicle stall locations
- Level 1
- Lot 10b (Building C), stalls 1404, 1405, 1407, 1408
- Level 2
- Lot 10b (Building C), stalls 1400, 1401
- Lot 10 (Building F), stalls 934, 935
- Lot 10 (Building E), stalls 1308, 1309
- Level 3
- Lot 6 (Building A), stalls 701, 702
Canada Education Park electric vehicle stall locations
- Level 1
- Lot 4 (Building A), stalls 408, 409
- Lot 5 (Building A), stalls 512, 513
- Level 2
- Lot 5 (Building A), stalls 514, 515
- Lot 2 (Building T), stalls 008, 009
Charge your electric vehicle
In order to use the charging stations, you need to register for a ChargePoint account.
UFV does not charge a fee for the use of electricity at Level 1 and Level 2 EV charging stations; however, a penalty fee applies if you overstay posted time limits:
- Level 1 EV charging stations: unlimited charging time.
- Level 2 EV charging stations: four-hour charging time limit. This provides sufficient time for a top-up charge and allows other electric vehicle drivers on campus to use the charging stations. Fees apply if you exceed four hours.
- Level 3 EV charging stations: the fee to charge your car is $0.20 per minute. After 30 minutes, the fee increases to $0.40 per minute.
If all of the charging stations are full when you arrive on campus, you can get in line on the waitlist for the next available charging station. Simply tap in at the charging station and when it’s your turn, you’ll get a notification by text message or email (depending on your ChargePoint settings), telling you that a port is available to you. You can respond in one of three ways:
- Accept and go plug in immediately.
- Snooze to hold your place in line but let the next person jump ahead of you.
- Leave the waitlist to be removed from the waitlist entirely, in case you don’t need to charge.
Visit the ChargePoint FAQ for additional information on the waitlist feature.
Note: All inquiries regarding electric vehicles should be addressed to UFV's Energy Manager: Diana Aguilar (email@example.com).