Grow your passions and launch your career in agriculture
- Love plants, animals, or the outdoors?
- Keen about working on a farm, greenhouse, or nursery?
- Passionate about food security and sustainability?
- Want to support farmers and grow the local food economy?
If you’ve checked at least one of these, then UFV’s agriculture technology programs could be right for you!
Whether you are interested in short or long-term studies, UFV’s agriculture programs will set you up for a successful career as you:
- Expand your practical skills from hands-on training in UFV’s greenhouses, outdoor growing space, and barn
- Build your knowledge in livestock production and management, and plant cultivation and protection
- Gain firsthand insight into the operations, planning and development of agriculture facilities during field trips
- Engage in valuable work experience and develop connections and networks with industry and government agencies through our three-week practicums
- Practise using technologies commonly used in different commodity areas
- Develop your knowledge base on beneficial practices in agribusiness, communications, soils, farm and equipment safety, food safety and pest management
- Ladder into degrees in agriculture science, agribusiness or design your own degree with integrated studies