The Keyboarding Assessment is intended for those who need to provide proof of their typing speed as part of their program or job requirements. Students have unlimited attempts within the exam block they have booked.
Timings are 5 minutes long and every error reduces the wpm by two (e.g., a 46 wpm timing with two errors would be a 42 net wpm timing).
Many UFV Continuing Education programs require 5-minute timings. See below for more information.
Keyboarding Assessments are available:
- in-person at the Abbotsford campus
- in-person at the Chilliwack (CEP) campus
- in-person at Hope Centre. Email email@example.com to set-up
How to register for your assessment
If you are a past or current UFV student
- See the assessment schedule and take note of the CRN number for your preferred exam date & time.
- Register in advance by contacting the Office of the Registrar.
- Pay your $25 assessment fee when you register.
- Your official test results will be recorded on your student record.
If you have never been a UFV student
- See the assessment schedule and choose two dates & times that work for you. Submit your exam request at least three (3) business days before the selected exam date.
- Use the online booking form to register for your keyboarding assessment.
- You will receive a letter of completion as confirmation of your results, which will not be recorded in UFV's student records system.
Not sure if you are considered a UFV student?
You are considered a UFV student if you have a UFV ID number and student record, either because you have taken UFV classes in the past, are currently taking courses, or have applied to a program and have received a UFV ID number. Please contact the Office of the Registrar if you are uncertain if you have a UFV record.
Non-UFV students are those who have not taken a class or program at UFV before and have never applied. They do not have a UFV ID number or student record.
To take the UFV keyboarding assessment, there is a non-refundable charge of $25.
Non-UFV students, you will pay in-person at Assessment Services on the day of your test. If you choose the online assessment format, you must arrange payment with Assessment Services.
What to bring to your assessment
* Photo ID
* Money for parking and the test fee (if not already paid)