ADED 370 and ADED 470 Capstone procedures
These two Independent Studies courses will be scheduled in the winter semester. Students request these courses when they have nearly completed the degree. They are not part of the regular semester schedule.
One or both courses can be requested at the same time. Since they are two separate courses, they have separate course registration numbers (CRN) to register for. Each course has a regular tuition fee.
Students design their own course based on their own adult education topic of interest. It can be a research and/or field-‐based activity for students to diversify their experience or refine and deepen their understanding of selected areas in adult education. The emphasis is on an opportunity to integrate and apply theories and practices.
Students should consider their topic prior to registering but faculty will provide help with the proposal development, course design, identify learning outcomes and alignment with learning activities and assessed tasks.
The prerequisites for both courses are ADED 390, ADED 408 and ADED 425 or special permission of the department.
UFV's policy for Undergraduate Directed Studies, Special Topics & Independent Studies Courses.
- supervised teaching or administrative activities in a new role as an adult educator, much like a practicum;
- a literature review in a target area;
- a publishable research report or paper;
- an environmental scan as part of a materials or curriculum design process;
- research study;
- a field-‐based activity that demonstrates the application of research and best practices in the design or significant re-‐design of the following:
- a manual for students, instructors, or the public
- a curriculum
- a course- develop a new or significantly change a course to a program or field
- course materials
- a website
- Notify the Program Advisor, Corinne Richardson, by email with your interest in scheduling the course(s).
- No topic is required at the time of the email.
- The program advisor will set up a special course registration number (CRN) and contact students with registration information.
- Once the winter semester starts, students will be provided with further faculty instructions in Blackboard Collaborate.