Procedures for Graduate Course and Program Approval
GSC approves the approval processes for new and revised undergraduate courses and programs. The procedures document is an appendix to the Graduate Course and Program Approval policy (209), and contains several charts and flowcharts, which are also provided below for quick reference.
General Program & Course Approvals Flowchart
- GS Course Major vs Minor Change
- GS Course Minor Change Flowchart
- GS Course New or Major Change Flowchart
- GS Program Major vs Minor Change
- GS Program Minor Change Flowchart
- GS Program Major Change Flowchart
- Official Graduate Course Outline Form or Official Graduate Course Outline PDF
- GS New Course Memo Template
- GS Course Change Memo Template
For changes to exisiting courses, please request a Word version of the current outline from Graduate.Studies@ufv.ca. Copy all relevant information to the new form, then turn on Word's "track changes" feature before making revisions.
- UFV's guide to developing learning outcomes
- Guiding Principles for Quality Curriculum
- Pulling Together: A guide for Indigenization of post-secondary institutions
- Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs)
Proposals for changes to existing programs should include a rationale memo, calendar copy, and any other relevant supporting documents. The desired implementation date should also be included.
To prepare the calendar copy, please copy text directly from the current Academic Calendar into Word and edit using the "track changes" feature. Only relevant sections of the calendar copy need to be included.
New program proposals should be developed in consultation with Program Development and Quality Assurance (PDQA).