Looking for assistance with writing your resume or cover letter? Wondering how to prep for an interview? Look no further! Below are a variety of handouts and resources to help with your career development needs.
|Career Coaching||How to Book a Career Coaching Appointment|
|Labour Market Information|
Employment with BC Public Service
For more information about working with the BC Public Service, check out their YouTube channel. If you are interested in a future career with the BC Public Service, speak to one of their Career Advisors via phone: 1-888-94-IDEAS or email.
CPA Recruitment Information
Interested in becoming a CPA after completing your accounting studies at UFV? See below for a list of resources to help with the CPA recruitment process.
CPA BC Resources
Accounting Students of the Fraser Valley (ASFV) Resources
If you are an accounting student wanting to get involved in a student association or wanting to get more information about upcoming recruitment events, please visit the ASFV Facebook page.
Basic Tips and Tricks for Surviving a CPA Recruit:
- Network - Attend as many networking events as possible in order to familiarize yourself with the different firms and their recruiters. Create and maintain connections with recruiters.
- Be Prepared - Create a professional resume and cover letter that represents you well. For help with your resume and cover letter, book an appointment with a Career Coach through CareerLink.
- Look the Part - Dress professionally and be conscious of your body language and posture.
- Do Your Research - Ask questions that are not answered in the job description, and take the time to research the company beforehand to demonstrate your knowledge while speaking with firms.
- Have a Goal in Mind - Establish an idea of what type of firm you would like to work for and how you want your career to grow. Your goals and ideas should align with those of the firm you work for to add value to the company.
Each firm has its own hiring timeline and practices. Check the firm’s website for information on their application process/timeline.