Co-op Information Sessions
- Thursday – May 12th 10:30-11:00 am
- Tuesday – May 17th 6:00-6:30 pm
- Wednesday – May 25th 1:30- 2:00 pm
Can't make it to the information session? Click here to view a recorded Co-op information session.
Register for the Co-op information session on CareerLink
- Visit www.ufv.ca/jobs
- Click on "CareerLink Student Login"
- Log in with your UFV student email and network password
- Under "Upcoming Events" select "Workshops"
- Select the online information session date that you wish to attend and click on RSVP (all information sessions contain the same information)
- A confirmation email will be sent to your UFV student email with details on how to access the information session.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com.
Important Co-op Dates
If you have any questions about your Co-op application, or about the Co-op program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Co-op Application Deadline: Monday, May 30th, 2022
We will be reviewing applications starting on May 31st, 2022. You should receive an e-mail by Friday, June 3rd in regards to your co-op application status. Please wait until you receive your acceptance e-mail for further instructions.
For those who are accepted, mandatory Co-op and Career Education Course will have two live sessions:
*Dates to be announced.
Co-operative Education (Co-op) combines academic studies with relevant work experience. Academic semesters alternate with work terms, giving you up to two years of relevant work experience. The UFV Arts, Business, Library Information and Technology (LIBIT), Computer Information Systems (CIS), and Science diploma and degree Co-op programs are nationally accredited by the Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning (CEWIL Canada), a recognized seal of quality.
Work terms are 4, 8, or 12 months in duration. Co-op work term placements are not guaranteed but are awarded on a competitive basis. The hiring decision is up to the employer.
For more information about the Co-op program, including the admission requirements, see the Co-operative Education handout below:
For Domestic and International Students: Co-op Student Handout 2020.09
Apply for Co-op before the last Monday of the month in September, January, and May every year. You may apply at any time, but applications are only reviewed following the deadline.
How to Apply
- Login to your CareerLink account
- Upload your Resume and Unofficial Transcript to your 'Documents'
- Select "Apply to Co-op" on the right-hand side of the home page in CareerLink
- Complete the form and select "Submit your Application"
Apply now in CareerLink
Feature Co-op Positions & Testimonials
Are you interested in the job opportunities available to Co-op students? Please see the list of feature co-op positions.
Review the article Real-World Tech: My Co-Op Term at Safe Software written by the current feature Co-op student Thomas Alain.
To read success stories from previous business Co-op students, visit the School of Business website and view each concentration under the 'Majors' section.
For a list of frequently asked questions about Co-op, please visit the FAQ Page.
If you would like more information about Co-op, visit the academic calendar.