What to do if you are locked out
Everybody locks their office with their card or key inside at least once. Or you may find yourself on the wrong side of a door with your belongings locked in a conference room or classroom. If you need immediate access to an area, please call security at 1-855-239-7654 (local 7654) and security personnel will assist as soon as possible.
How to arrange ongoing access to a campus area
- If you are new to UFV, first visit the Campus Card office to have your employee ID picture taken. The Campus Card office will send your new card to Security.
- Complete the Access request form and Security will program your card with the appropriate access.
- If you already have your employee ID card, Security can program your card access remotely. You do not need to bring your card to Security.
- You'll receive an email with instructions once your request is processed. Your request may take up to seven business days to be completed.
- If you are picking up a physical key, please bring a government or UFV identification with you.
If you lose a key or access card
- Please report a lost or stolen key, campus card, or fob to security immediately.
- Submit a new access request form to security.
Lost campus cards:
- If you are a Baker House resident, please notify Residence Services about your lost card immediately at 604-557-4063 to de-activate door access.
- Be sure to report your lost/stolen card to the Campus Card office so they can freeze your Cascade Cash or meal plan accounts. (1-888-504-7441 ext. 4176 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For information on how to replace a lost campus card, please see the Campus Card lost card page.
If you need access to a room or building on campus that is closed, submit a request form to security.
Alarm and access systems access
If you need security to program, code, and monitor Alarm & Access systems for access when a building is locked, and security systems are armed, submit a request to security.
Report a lock issue
To report an issue with a lock (e.g., broken lock, dead batteries, or making noise), submit a request to security.