Personal information banks (PIBs) are descriptions of personal information under the control of UFV that is organized and retrievable by an individual's name or by a number, symbol, or other element that identifies that individual. The personal information described in a PIB has been used, is being used or is available for an administrative purpose. The PIB describes how personal information is collected, used, disclosed, retained and/or disposed of in the administration of a institution's program or activity.
The following is a list of Personal Information Banks at UFV pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Each PIB includes:
- Name and location;
- Legal authority for its establishment;
- Type of information maintained within the bank;
- How the information is used on a regular basis;
- Who uses the information on a regular basis;
- Categories of individuals whose information is within the bank; and
- Retention and disposition requirements (in progress)
The index is still under development. Further personal information banks will be added as they are identified.