A new course outline form was approved in June 2021, and will be required for all courses that come to UEC in January 2022 or later. All course outlines should also be accompanied by the appropriate memo template, and where applicable, the Supplemental texts and resource materials form and Transfer credit request form.
- Official undergraduate course outline form
- Supplemental texts and resource materials form
- Transfer credit request form
- Official undergraduate cross-listed course form
For changes to exisiting courses, please request a Word version of the current outline from Amanda Grimson. Copy all relevant information to the new form, then turn on Word's "track changes" feature before making revisions.
Cross-listed courses will follow the Cross-listed courses operating policy. The Dean’s office should provide a rationale to support any new cross-listed courses.
- UFV's guide to developing learning outcomes
- Guiding Principles for Quality Curriculum
- Pulling Together: A guide for Indigenization of post-secondary institutions
- Bloom's Taxonomy
- Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs)
Additional course resources
- Examples of course content and topics
- Course outline and prerequisite guidelines
- Cross-listed courses operating policy
- Approval processes
- Undergraduate Course and Program Approval policy (21)
- Prerequisites and Co-Requisites policy (84)
- Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition policy (94)
- Grading System policy (101)
- Course Credits policy (105)
- Undergraduate Directed Studies, Special Topics & Independent Study Courses policy (207)