Skip to main content

Adult Education

How to apply


Prepare your documents

Request your official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (other than UFV) showing grade/course achievement. To be considered official, transcripts must be sent directly to UFV from the originating institution. 

High-school transcripts are not needed if you have successfully completed a 100 credit level or higher post-secondary English or Communications course and can provide evidence of this in your transcripts.

To meet the degree level English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements, applicants must have evidence through transcripts of successfully completing a post-secondary English or Communications course OR must send their High School transcripts to provide evidence of a C+ or better in English 12 or Literature 12 or English 12 First Peoples has been achieved.

If you do not have these prerequisites, consider taking the Composition Placement Test (CPT) or contact the Program Advisor for other options.

Name change

If your name is different on your transcripts than your application because of marital status, etc. complete a name change form. Send a scanned copy to and include a scanned copy of one of the listed forms of government-issued ID.

Red Seal designation

If you currently have a Red Seal designation, please contact using your UFV email address for guidance. Be sure to include a scanned copy of your designation and your UFV student number.


Learn about PLAR (prior learning and assessment recognition)

You may be eligible to obtain credit for prior learning through transfer credits, program-based PLAR (prior learning and assessment recognition), and course-challenge based PLAR. This can significantly cut down the time it takes to complete a degree. 

Learn more about PLAR
Ask an advisor


Submit your application

For fastest processing, apply online.

Bachelor of Arts in Adult Education

Bachelor of Arts in Adult Education
SemesterFirst day to applyRecommended application deadline
Fall (September) October 1 January 31
Winter (January) May 1 August 31
Summer (May) October 1 December 31

Workplace Education Certificate

Applicants cannot apply directly to the Workplace Education Certificate. Instead, apply as a Qualifying Studies or, if you meet the requirements, as a Bachelor of Arts in Adult Education student. Ask an advisor for further details.

Teaching English as a Second Language and Mindfulness-Based Teaching and Learning

View application details for Teaching English as a Second Language and Mindfulness-Based Teaching and Learning (TBA).


Get ready to attend UFV

After your application is submitted, you will receive your UFV student number and UFV email account. Your transcripts arrive and are reviewed by the Credential Evaluation Officers (CEO's). A CEO may contact you for more information.

Next steps

  • Admissions notify applicants of their acceptance if requirements are met
  • Transfer credits granted are applied to your student record. PLAR may be an option for credits not recognized
  • Advisor applies the transfer credits to your program plan and provides course suggestions and guidance for next steps

Prepare for registration

  • Make a $200 deposit 72 hours before registration time. Find out how to pay.
  • Become familiar with Blackboard
  • Set up your student email account and create a new signature with your full name and student number

Note that you must take at least one course in the semester you applied to.

While many are still adapting to online learning, Adult Education at UFV has been leading the way! I’ve taken online courses from other institutions, and UFV’s dedication to technologies made for my best overall online learning experience. The most important thing about my experience at UFV is the feeling that I mattered to the school and my instructors. I wasn’t just a faceless student, even in an online environment. 

  • – Lynn Cartan
  •    Educational Consultant, McMaster University
Read more testimonials

Contact Us