If you are planning on attending university, the transition to post-secondary education can be both exciting and confusing. One of the questions on every student's mind is 'How do I choose a program?' To help you get started with the process, we've put together a simple 5-step plan.
Reflect on yourself
How do you like to work, to study? Here are some areas that you might want to reflect on to help you choose a program that meets your personal needs and your career goals.
- Think about what interests you
- If you study a topic that genuinely interests you, it will be much easier to focus, study, and work on your assignments.
- Consider your strengths
- What are your areas of interest?
- Do you have a career in mind?
- Find out how to sample career pathways with experiential learning.
Explore program options
UFV offers more than 100 programs, including master’s degrees, certificates, diplomas:
Have more questions or want to discuss your options?
Talk to an Academic Advisor for help with exploring fields of study, admission requirements, or to confirm transfer credits.
Book an appointment