The Fraser Valley Regional Science Fair (FVRSF) is an annual competition which has been part of our community since 1992.
Our fair offers students, from grades K-12 in the Fraser Valley region (Langley, Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Hope, Mission, and Maple Ridge) the opportunity to present their findings, interact with their peers, and to be recognized for their efforts and accomplishments. Adding excitement to the event are prizes and public recognition which often encourages students to further their scientific enquires. The awards given out are generously donated by individuals, service clubs and companies from the community. Every project officially accepted from Grades 7–12 has the possibility of being selected as a finalist to attend the Canada Wide Science Fair (CWSF) representing the Fraser Valley with Team BC.
Our science fair is run by dedicated volunteers who are passionate about education in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM).
- Encourages 50,000+ youth in our region to conduct creative inquiry-based projects
- Hosts 100+ students who are keen and invested in today's scientific and technological develpments
- Provides $15,000+ in cash, prizes, trips and scholarship awards
- Awards top projects the Grand Prize of progressing to the Canada Wide Science Fair
- Offers research lab tours and fun student activities
Find a list of past projects and winners at the FVRSF here.