Cost: $1500 + supply kit and textbook
Prerequisite: Students must be an active, licensed: RN, LPN, RPN, or NP to take this course. Certification will be confirmed.
This course includes an in-depth focus on:
- Assessment of the foot and lower limb
- Prevention and education for the client with diabetes to assist in preventing diabetic foot complications
- Sterilization and infection control procedures used in reprocessing instruments
- Excellent review of the process and resources needed in starting your own business
On completion, students have their own foot care ‘kit’ including four sets of instruments and supplies needed to start their foot care career.
This course meets the Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses (CAFCN) competencies.
Supply kit: $350 (plus 5% GST & 7% PST)
Textbook: $100 (approximate) The Art and Science of Foot Care: A Clinical Resource for Nurses in Canada.
- Provide nursing license number and expiry date when registering.
- Purchase textbook from UFV Bookstore or order online to have it shipped to you.
- Registered students will receive an email with instructions to logon to the course prior to the first day. Ensure the email address where you want to receive the message is accurate when registering. Check your junk folder, if you do not see it in your Inbox. For technical support logging in or navigating the online learning system, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online course work (theory-based learning) is completed for the next 8 weeks, textbook is required.
- Upon completion of the online course work, students are required to attend the 3 day clinical (applied practice).
- Supply kits are distributed at clinical.
No refunds are issued once the course starts and clinical supplies are non-refundable.
Abbotsford — Clearbrook Centre
Mar 12-May 3 | 20355, Online
May 4, 5, 6 | Onsite Clinical (Senior Come Share Society, 15008 26 Ave, Surrey, BC)
Phone 1-888-823-8734 to register