Cost: $1500 + supply kit and textbook
Prerequisite: Students must be an active, licensed: RN, LPN, RPN, or NP (Nurse Practitioner) to take this course. Certification will be confirmed.
This course includes an in-depth focus on:
- Assessment of the foot and lower limb
- Prevention and education for the client with diabetes to assist in preventing diabetic foot complications
- Sterilization and infection control procedures used in reprocessing instruments
- Excellent review of the process and resources needed in starting your own business
On completion, students have their own foot care ‘kit’ including four sets of instruments and supplies needed to start their foot care career.
This course meets the Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses (CAFCN) competencies and the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA).
Supply kit: $450 (plus 5% GST & 7% PST)
Textbook: $115.49 The Art and Science of Foot Care: A Clinical Resource for Nurses in Canada.
Call 1-866-833-9352 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide nursing license number and expiry date when registering.
- Purchase textbook from UFV Bookstore or order online to have it shipped to you.
- Registered students will receive an email with instructions to logon one business day before the course starts. Ensure the email address where you want to receive the message is accurate when registering. Check your junk folder, if you do not see it in your Inbox. For technical support logging in or navigating the online learning system, please contact: email@example.com
- Online course work (theory-based learning) is completed for the next 8 weeks, textbook is required.
- Upon completion of the online course work, students are required to attend the 3 day clinical (applied practice). Note: If a student must postpone clinical due to unforeseen circumstances, a $200 deferral fee will be charged by PEDEd to move to the next available clinical date.
- Supply kits are distributed at clinical.
No refunds are issued once the course starts and clinical supplies are non-refundable.
Note: This is a course, please refer to Student Resources for a Glossary of terms.
Apr15–Jun 16 | 20234, online course work 8 weeks
Jun 14–Jun 16 |Onsite Clinical, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (face-to-face, 3-day applied practice)
at the: Senior Come Share Society, 15008 26 Ave, Surrey, BC
NOTE: All practicum placements for June 14 - June 16 have been filled.
Students registered after March 31 2019, will have practicum dates of: Jun 21–Jun 23
Onsite Clinical, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (face-to-face, 3-day applied practice)
Phone 1-888-823-8734 to register for winter/spring courses