If you are organizing an event on behalf of the university, Safety & Security provides resources to help you plan with safety in mind.
If you are planning an in-person event, these documents will help you do so safely:
Arranging for security services at your event
UFV's security team is responsible for all security coverage during events taking place on UFV campuses.
The UFV Safety & Security team is committed to ensuring safe and secure campuses at UFV by providing additional security for incidents, special circumstances and events (e.g., flood, fire watch, campus events etc.).
Please complete your request for Additional Security to arrange for security coverage at least four business days before your event. (If you submit a request less than four days before your event, you may incur additional costs.)
- We may request a meeting to discuss the details of your event
- Cost info:
- All security costs, including overtime and stat holiday pay if applicable, will be covered by your event budget
- Guards are booked for a minimum shift of four hours
- Last-minute requests for event security may incur additional costs
- Be sure to submit separate event booking requests to Student Services and/or Facilities Management
Ceremonies and Events office
UFV's Ceremonies and Events Office provides additional resources and checklists to assist you with planning university events.