Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee (JOHSC)
The Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee is a joint committee of worker and employer representatives working together to promote health and safety in the workplace. While UFV is ultimately responsible for the overall safety at the workplace, the committee is responsible for identifying health and safety problems and recommending solutions to UFV.
The committee’s role includes:
- Promoting workplace health and safety.
- Consulting with workers and UFV about worker health and safety.
- Making recommendations to improve occupational health and safety, the work environment, and the effectiveness of occupational health and safety programs and policies.
- Promoting compliance with the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
If you have a health and safety concern that you have reported and is not resolved, or a safety suggestion, you may contact a member of the Occupational Health & Safety Committee for it to be considered at the next meeting.
Members, Minutes and Terms of Reference
UFV employees can securely access the committee's files through the UFV web software called myFiles
To find and access the JOHSC files:
- Open an internet browser, and go to myFiles.
- Enter your UFV computer login username and password (usually your lastname + first initial).
- Double click on the Employee folder.
- Double click on the Public folder.
- Double click on the EHS Program folder.
- Double click on the JOHSC folder.
- Double click on your choice of either the Members folder, Minutes folder, or the Terms of Reference folder.
- Right click on a file and choose to either View or Download from the drop down menu.
- When you are done working in myFiles, remember to choose to Logout.