Sustainable Development Essay Competition
Open for 2017 submissions
Calling all UFV Students. Help UFV and the Fraser Valley meet the United Nations Sustainable Develpment Goals and you could win a gift card worth $500!
We invite submissions of conceptual and empirical essays that propose an initiative through which UFV or the Fraser Valley Community can address one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.Submissions should develop an original proposal or analyze an existing initiative that has facilitated sustainable social, environmental, and economic development. Provide a research based argument for how this initiative can be developed in your target community.
The submission deadline is May 1, 2017, at 11:59 pm PST
1st prize: $500 UFV Bookstore gift card
2nd prize: $300 UFV Bookstore gift card
3rd prize: $200 UFV Bookstore gift card
Eligibility to compete
The contest is open to all UFV students (must be registered in at least one course during the 2016/17 academic year).
- Between 3,000 to 5,000 words, excluding references, tables, and figures
- Writing format: APA style
- Please use APA style, APA ethics code must be followed.
- Entries must include appropriate appendices/references cited from academic sources.
- APA template (Word document).
- Authors may have a co-author (limited to two authors -inclusive). Any prize(s) awarded will be split evenly between the two authors
- Include cover page with title, full name(s), UFV email address, program of study.
- Header of each page should include: full name(s), UFV student ID, page number.
- If a participant is collecting primary data, UFV ethics approval is needed.
- Authors will retain the copyright. However, by submitting a paper, authors do agree that UFV can publish, edit, and reproduce any accepted papers in the format as decided by the university at any given time. No royalty fee or compensation of any nature will be payable.
- By submitting a paper, authors do agree that UFV can take author’s photo and publish in social media including but not limited to UFVtoday, Facebook, Twitter, or journals, magazines etc.
- Failure to follow these rules may lead to disqualification from the contest.
Please ensure you review the complete completition rules prior to submitting your essay.
Entries will be evaluated based on:
|Originality, critical & analytical approach
|Formatting/APA style compliance:
Layout, attention to details, fact/data, references, etc.
- Submission due date: Monday, May 1, 2017 – 11:59 pm PST
- Results communicated to students: on or about May 16.
Please address your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out @sustainableufv on Facebook and Twitter for more information on the competition and inspirational local and global initiatives.
Submit your essay