Each year, the Research Office invites faculty researchers to take part in the UFV Micro-Lecture Series by presenting a "snapshot" of their research in just two minutes or less.
This fast-paced, engaging event is not only fun to watch — it highlights the interdisciplinary nature of UFV’s work, excites students about research, and exposes faculty to the scholarly work of colleagues in other disciplines.
We thank everyone who participated in this year's micro-lectures on February 26, 2020, and invite those who missed it to join us again in Winter 2021.
2020 micro-lecture speakers & recap
Speakers | photos | video
- Dr. Mike Ivanof, Business
- Dr. Cindy Jardine, Health Sciences
- Dr. Golfam Ghafourifar, Chemistry
- Dr. Scott Sheffield, History
- Brianna Strumm, PhD(c), Social Work and Human Services
- Dr. Opeyemi Adesina, Computer Information Systems
- Dr. Carin Bondar, Biology
- Dr. Prabhjot Parmar, English
- Dr. Amir Shabani, Computer Information Systems
- Dr. Nicola Mooney, Anthropology
- Dr. Pedro Montoya-Pelaez, Chemistry
- Dr. Avleen Randhawa Oberoi, Kinesiology
- Dr. Maryam Siahbani, Computer Information Systems
- Dr. Robert Harding, Social Work and Human Services
The Research Office hosts a Publication Celebration after faculty microlectures every other year, with the next taking place in Winter 2021. UFV faculty with scholarly work published in 2019-2020 (peer-reviewed journal articles, books or book chapters, videos, etc.) will be invited to submit closer to Winter 2021.