Faculty Sabbatical Leave
Due Thursday, November 30, 2017
The Faculty Sabbatical Leave applies to all permanent UFV faculty.
This program provides an extended period of time for faculty to engage in a program of research or other appropriate scholarly activity, an opportunity to upgrade professional skills, acquire new competencies or credentials, or engage in approved teaching and learning activities, including course or curriculum development work.
Please download and complete the applicable forms:
Faculty Sabbatical Leave Handbook 2018-2019
Faculty Sabbatical Application 2018-2019
Sabbatical Workshop PowerPoint Presentation
Faculty Sabbatical Final Report
Faculty Sabbatical Deferral Form - for further information regarding deferrals, please see below.
Email complete application packages to the Research, Engagement & Graduate Studies department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Adrienne Chan by email or by phone at 604-504-7441 ext. 4074.
For further information on how to complete the sabbatical application form, please view this Sabbatical Workshop PowerPoint Presentation for helpful details.
FACULTY SABBATICAL LEAVE DEFERRALS
DEPARTMENT HEAD DEFERRALS — Eligibility
Department Heads who are or become eligible for sabbatical during the term of office as department head may have their eligibility for a subsequent sabbatical reduced by a maximum of three years under the following conditions:
- A deferral request form must be submitted to and approved by the Dean and must include the date on which the sabbatical will be taken.
- Deferred sabbatical must be taken within two academic years of stepping down as head.
- Department Heads who do not take the deferred sabbatical within the two year period will lose eligibility for the reduction in the qualifying period for a next sabbatical.
- The sabbatical must be applied for and approved through the regular application process at the time it will be taken.
REGULAR FACULTY DEFERRALS — Eligibility
Should multiple faculty members within a department become eligible for a sabbatical within the same year, the departmental plan shall be reviewed with the Dean to determine the appropriate sabbatical allocation.
Faculty members who are unable to take their sabbatical at the point that they qualify may have their eligibility for a subsequent sabbatical reduced by a maximum of one academic year under the following conditions:
- A deferral request form must be submitted to and approved by the Department Head and Dean. Except in the case of department heads, a deferral request must be submitted with a sabbatical application, and will be registered on approval of the sabbatical plan.
- Sabbatical must be taken within one academic year from original deferral.
- Faculty members who do not take the deferred sabbatical within the one year period will lose eligibility for the reduction in the qualifying period for a next sabbatical.
- The sabbatical must be applied for and approved through the regular application process before a deferral may be granted.