- Support the research, creative, and scholarly activities of faculty and students at UFV;
- Support the integration of research and education, and enhance the research training of UFV students;
- Support knowledge transfer and technological innovation through the institution’s Research Services & Industry Engagement Office and Trades and Technology Division, in close cooperation with the region’s businesses and industries;
- Encourage multidisciplinary, collaborative research within the University;
- Develop alliances and partnerships with other institutions in Canada and abroad, as well as with community, public, and private sector organizations;
- Assist UFV faculty, staff, graduate, and undergraduate students with obtaining funding for research.
We are also UFV's point of contact for the federal Tri-Council Agencies (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR, and CFI), government ministries, industry, associations, and foundations for all matters related to funding, partnerships, grants, and contracts in support of research.