What we do
- support research, scholarly, and creative activities of faculty and students
- support the integration of research and education, and enhance the research training of students
- support knowledge transfer and technological innovation through the institution’s Research Services & Industry Engagement Office, and Trades and Technology Division, in close cooperation with the region’s businesses and industries
- encourage multidisciplinary, collaborative research within UFV, and develop alliances and partnerships with other institutions in Canada and abroad, as well as with community, public, and private sector organizations
- assist faculty, staff, graduate, and undergraduate students to obtain funding for research
Our office is also the point of contact for the federal granting councils (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR and CFI), government ministries, industry, associations, and foundations for funding, partnerships, grants, and contracts in support of research, creative, and scholarly activities.