The ROSA program provides permanent teaching faculty the opportunity to apply for one of the following streams:
Research Release (RO)
One-section course reduction in teaching load for the purpose of completing a research project which is too substantial to be completed as part of one's regular workload.
Scholarly Activity (SA) Release
One-section course reduction in teaching load for the purpose of completing a scholarly activity project which is too substantial to be completed as part of one's regular workload.
Scholarly Activity Grant (SA-G)
Funding to support a research or scholarly activity project when there is evidence that the project cannot be completed due to the exhaustion of other funding (e.g. external grants).
- Information for major grant holders
- ROSA support
- How to submit an application
- Request for changes to approved ROSA
Apply by October 31
ROSA applications must be submitted electronically through ROMEO by October 31 of each calendar year.
In situations where October 31 does not fall on a business day, the deadline is the first business day following October 31. Late, incomplete, and incorrectly-submitted applications will not be accepted.
Major grant holders
- Major grant holders may be eligible to receive one teaching release, and are required to fill out the "Research Option Application for Grant Holders" form in ROMEO by:October 31 for grants in continuing years, or May 31 if awarded between January 1 and May 31 in the first year of funding. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- To navigate to the form, login to ROMEO, click "Apply New" on the right-hand side. Scroll to "Office of Research Services", then click on the form, "Research Option Application for Grant Holders".
- Review the step-by-step instructions below
- Download the handbook for the ROSA stream you are interested in above
- ROSA workshop materials
- ROSA workshop recording (1 hour, 54 min)
- Preparing your ROSA application (pdf)
- Email ROSA.firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to request application assistance