Skip to main content

Human Resources

Personal information changes

Change of address

Address changes can be submitted though myufv.

Legal Name change

If your name has been legally changed, please complete and submit a Personal Information Change (pdf) to the, with your legal name change document.  If you bring in the original, we will make a copy.    If you cannot locate your name change document, we will accept two pieces of government-issued ID in your new name.

Reverting to use birth surname

If you assume a spouse's last/family name, you can choose to revert to the use of your birth/family name at any time.  To change your name complete and submit a Personal Information Change (pdf) to the  If you have not previously used your birth/family name at UFV,  please provide your marriage certificate and birth certificate or Canadian Citizenship Certificate to prove the link between the two last/family names.

Changing Preferred Name

You also may add a preferred name to your employee record by submitting Personal Information Change (pdf); no government-issued ID is required. 

Update to gender identity

If you wish to update the gender associated with your employee record, please complete and submit a completed Personal Information Change (pdf) to


Upcoming HR events