The Collective Agreement is a contract negotiated through collective bargaining between the Faculty and Staff Association (FSA) and UFV. This agreement defines the employment terms and conditions for unionized faculty and staff at UFV, as well as the rights, privileges, and duties of the union, employer, and employees.
The current collective agreement expired on March 31, 2022. UFV and the FSA began bargaining for a renewed collective agreement in March 2023.
UFV works with the Post-Secondary Employers Association (PSEA) to ensure the negotiated agreement aligns with the current provincial government mandate – The Shared Recovery Mandate. This mandate applies to all public sector employers with unionized employees whose collective agreements expire on or after Dec. 31, 2021. Key priorities of the BC government’s Shared Recovery Mandate include:
- Protecting services that people in British Columbia depend on.
- Improving health care and preparing for future needs and challenges.
- Supporting a strong economic recovery that includes everyone in BC.
You can read more about this mandate, and past bargaining mandates, at the BC provincial government’s Public Sector Bargaining Mandates and Agreements page.
You can find updates on UFV/FSA bargaining on the UFV Labour Update page.
The University bargaining committee:
- Marnie Wright, AVP HR (Spokesperson)
- Sylvie Murray, Dean, College of Arts
- Peter Geller, Dean, Faculty of Applied & Technical Studies
- Kyle Baillie, Executive Director, Student Affairs
- Mark Brosinski, Director, Budgets & Financial Planning
- Kevin Jeske, Director, Advisory Services & Labour Relations
- Nancy Scarrow, Operations Manager, Human Resources
The Union bargaining committee:
- Colleen Bell, Assessment Librarian (FSA Bargaining Vice-President and Spokesperson)
- Greg Mather, Interim FSA President
- Satwinder Bains, Associate Professor School of Culture, Media, and Society
- Sheila McKay, FSA Social Committee Chair
- Toni Latour, LTA Faculty, College of Arts
- Steve Kwon, Federation of Post-Secondary Educators
- Chris Jaeger, Federation of Post-Secondary Educators