The Human Resources department aims to provide supportive, reliable, collaborative and innovative services that enable UFV to be known as a gathering place for learners, leaders, and seekers to pursue diverse pathways of scholarship, leading to community connection, reconciliation, and prosperity, locally and beyond.
The mandate of the HR department is to provide human resources services in the areas of:
- Human Resources planning
- Organizational development
- Compensation and benefits
- Recruitment, selection and employee retention
- Employee and labour relations
- Employee health, safety, and wellbeing
- Induction, training and professional development
- Performance and engagement
Commitment to employees
Human Resources is committed to:
- providing a safe, welcoming, positive and inclusive workplace;
- ensuring fair and equitable human resources practices;
- providing timely and accurate information and services;
- promoting a collaborative and team-focused environment; and
- striving to make UFV an inspiring environment that supports professional development and growth.
BC's Top Employers — for seven consecutive years, and counting
"Everyone who works here has been part of building a university. They can see the results of their work in the success of our students and alumni, and this helps them feel connected to our community" — Anne Russell
Fraser Valley Cultural Diversity award
The Cultural Diversity Awards recognize organizations and individuals who attract, promote, and encourage diversity. UFV is a caring and inclusive environment, where each staff, faculty, and student makes a unique difference to the university.
World at Work Seal of Distinction - 2017
Since 2012, The Seal of Distinction has been awarded to companies meeting high standards of workplace programs, policies and practices.